Interview with Surbhi Mahobia: Founder of Pretty Mumma Says, a Parenting Blog
As a part of our #Influencerspeaks series, we bring you some interesting insights into Influencer Marketing. This week at Influencer, we interviewed Vidya Sury from Blog. Vidya’s journey as a mother fills your heart with love and gratitude. Through her blog, she strives to touch hearts and make a difference in the lives of her readers. Here’s what she had to share about her journey:
1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
My name is Surbhi Mahobia. I am happily married and a mother of two children. I decided to quit my corporate career to watch my kids grow up without missing out a day. It wasn't easy but now I feel happy about my decision.
My blog Pretty Mumma Says is my outlet of sharing my thoughts, learning and experiences. I believe that all mothers are pretty inside-out and they always have something to say. Hence, the name of the blog. I am also very confident about myself and I feel beautiful from within. So, another reason behind the name of my blog.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I worked as the HR personnel for couple of years and later as a Content Creator for a big FMCG/Apparel brand. Blogging wasn't luck by chance for me. I started writing after much prodding by my family. I gave it a try and now it's has become a habit and a part of my life. It was a well thought decision to invest in my own website.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
The biggest challenge is to pen down my thoughts in a language that my readers understand. They should be able to understand not only what I wrote but also my exact feelings and emotions behind it. I try to be very simple in terms of usage of vocabulary and language.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
Having my own website! That kind of sealed the deal!!
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yes, I have. Mamaearth, Peesafe, McCaffiene, Rafferty's Garden (Astar Marketing), Flintobox, Manan Kurtis, Designer Sneha, Mother Sparsh, Softsens
6. What is your primary income source?
I would like to skip this question.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
Jetpack, Yoast, Tailwind
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Just keep writing. Don't worry about being judged. Don't stop at all. Writing will change your life in ways that are unexplainable in words.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about Skill Infinity?
Skill Infinity is a great platform for bloggers to share their work. It's a brilliant idea to bring bloggers and writers on a single platform. Skill Infinity is doing great by giving opportunity to writers and bloggers to tell their story in the form of this interview.
I haven't seen any other platform doing it. It is giving voice to the bloggers who constantly work hard to keep their identity intact. Keep up the great work guys!!