Sahil Singh: Founder of Ghoomakad, a Travel blog - Social Influencer Interview
As a part of our #Influencerspeaks series, we bring you some interesting insights into Influencer Marketing. This week at Influencer, we interviewed Vidya Sury from Blog. Vidya’s journey as a mother fills your heart with love and gratitude. Through her blog, she strives to touch hearts and make a difference in the lives of her readers. Here’s what she had to share about her journey:
1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Born and raised in Delhi, I am an avid travel blogger and digital marketer. I left my 9-7 type job in 2017 and entered into full time travelling for some great opportunities in digital field. Also, I find my interest in arts, painting and theater.
Ghoomakad is my travelogue, sharing my amazing wanderlust tales so as to inspire people to travel (solo or group) and take a break from urban madness.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
After graduation in Btech, I worked as an digital marketing executive for one year at a travel based company in Gurgaon. I use to travel every month during my job.
As a creative person and to bring something productive I combined my travels with digital platform.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
As a digital nomad sometimes I face network issues (Lol) and latest changes in digital world (social and search). One has to constantly remain active on social media and within the niche industry for latest developments, trends and opportunities.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
Whenever my work gets appreciated and recommended its an achievement for a traveler.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Tripoto, Stay On Skill, Nainital Cottages, Hippy Traveller, JustWravel
6. What is your primary income source?
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
1. Wordpress for content management
3. Picsart and Canva for images
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Just keep patience and work hard. You will definitely start getting results. Focus on quality work in terms of writing, photography and marketing.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about Skill Infinity?
Skill Infinity gives the much needed platform to both brands and bloggers, to colaborate and work. Thanks to Rahul for bringing such a great medium.