Interview with Aditi Carapurcar: Founder of Goan Girl Zindagi, a Travel Blog
As a part of our #Influencerspeaks series, we bring you some interesting insights into Influencer Marketing. This week at Influencer, we interviewed Vidya Sury from Blog. Vidya’s journey as a mother fills your heart with love and gratitude. Through her blog, she strives to touch hearts and make a difference in the lives of her readers. Here’s what she had to share about her journey:
1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Hi , My name is Aditi , a 90's kid born and raised in a typical Goan family. I am a dreamer, food drink & life-lover, traveller & lost soul; wandering the Earth.
Goan Girl Zindagi is a space where I share my travel stories and experiences hoping to inspire you to travel ! I love being on this indefinite adventure, going places, meeting people, finding the offbeat, feeling its pulse, being curious and crazy.
So far I have traveled across 20 states of India and 6 other countries across Asia and Europe.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
After graduation, I had decided to pursue Law from Bombay and while studying I started working with an IT startup. Those are two completely different fields you would say. It sounds crazy I know. But that job introduced me to the world of social media and blogging. I was learning exciting new things, picking up skills that help me even today. My life seemed normal until the summer of 2016 when I made a conscious choice to quit my job, leave Bombay and take the roads less travelled to rediscover myself. At that point of time I had no idea I wanted to become a full time blogger.
After 2 months of travelling across India, the idea of this blog was seeded while I was on a road trip in Himachal with one of my best buddies. I was happily narrating one of my travel stories to him and it struck me, what if I were to document all this somewhere. The information I share could help other travelers like me in the future. That's the day my travel blog was born.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
Growing traffic and increasing the number of readers is my biggest challenge. During the early phases of my blog where I was still working on its initial coding, I barely had an audience and it often felt like speaking to an empty room, which can be discouraging sometimes.
But after over a year of blogging now I have learned that this is something we all go through when we start something from scratch. No blog will gain views overnight. Over a period of time when the content is more consistent, viewers will pour in. All I focus on now is quality.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
It is the gratification when people read and compliment you.There is nothing better than getting their words of encouragement. It feels great when your experience inspires someone and gives them the confidence to set off on an adventure all on their own.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yes. Tripoto, VLCC, Kuppies, Nainital Cottages, 99Inn, Trell
6. What is your primary income source?
Freelance content writing, guest blogging, designing social media strategies and SEO.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
1) Wordpress - easy to use, worth the time investment and gives you lot of options which means more control over your blog.
2) Google analytics - the best source of reader demographics and site statistics which helps you understand plan your strategies.
3) Yoast SEO - a powerful WordPress plugin that ensures your blog is listed as high up on a search engine as possible.
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Blogging is a process that requires passion, time, energy, research and quality.The more time you spend on establishing the blog, the more chances of consistent traffic and dedicated followers. Don't be afraid to try new tools and strategies. You will eventually figure out what works best for your audience. Even the silliest idea could go viral.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about Skill Infinity?
Skill Infinity is an amazing platform to connect and help bloggers. I always come across great new content and helpful tips. Perfect space if your looking to interact with others in the community and share ideas.